Friday, August 27, 2010

Reflection on OCHANGE by John Frederick Cruz

Remember the old saying: “the only thing constant in this word is change”? We might have heard or will hear this over and over in our life time but despite this we still never get to stick it in our head. And this has been supported by the topics that have been discussed in class.

Change occurs and will ALWAYS occur in ANY organization. And no matter the severity and nature of the change, there will always be those who will resist it. They resist change without really knowing that the faster you adapt or accept change the faster you will develop as a person and as an organization because by restraining it you are also holding yourself from development.

Taking up the subject really helped me individually. In my opinion, a successful organizational change is rooted on the change that occurs to the individual members. And in the class, we did not only learn how to handle change or even push for change in an organization; but it also encouraged each one of us to start the change within us. I am sure that all the lessons that I have learned in this subject will help me function better in my future organizations.

Over all, the subject was pretty knowledge and experience based. And it really gave me a lot of insights and newly gained knowledge. But I think that the subject would be more effective it was a more hands on process. The learning would have been deeper if the students were able to experience the process or at least to get a taste and feel of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment